All building works at Jandakot Airport are subject to regulatory controls by the Federal Government under the Airports Act 1996 and the Airports (Building Control) Regulations 1996.
An Airport Building Controller (ABC) is appointed by the Commonwealth Government to ensure that activities at Jandakot Airport meet the appropriate building and engineering standards. The ABC must be notified about any and all construction and building activities and formal approval given by way of a Building or Works Permit before works commence. This includes new buildings, fit-outs, civil works such as roads and drains, trenching and excavation, and demolition activities.
Under the Airports Regulations, minor building and construction activities (e.g. repairs and alterations) do not require a formal application, but must be brought to the attention of the ABC.
Jandakot Airport Holdings Pty Ltd (JAH) provides and maintains a comprehensive network of electrical, water, sewerage, gas and telecommunication services. The installation or replacement of plant and equipment that requires connection to electrical, sewerage, gas, water or telecommunication services must be approved by both the ABC and JAH.
Where works involve interruptions or changes to aircraft activities, a Method of Working Plan (MOWP) may need to be developed to plan works to minimize interruptions to aircraft activities. JAH will advise if an MOWP is required.
Airport Building Control Online (ABCO)
As of 2 July 2018, the process for applying and obtaining approvals for all building activities on leased federal airport land, will be moving from a paper-based to an online web-based system called ‘ABC Online’.
ABC Online will manage all applications, fee payments and other information associated with building activities on airports, including building and works permits, demolition authorisations, certificates of compliance, determinations of minor works and exemption notifications. The system will make it easier to track the progress of building activity applications.
Information on the use of ABC Online can be found on the Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities website here. Further information will also be provided in the form of a video and instruction manual.
Leasing & Development Guidelines
Please refer to the Jandakot Airport Leasing and Development Guidelines for information about the development approval requirements and processes.
- JANDAKOT AIRPORT Leasing & Development Guidelines [PDF 1.4 MB]
- JANDAKOT CITY Leasing & Development Guidelines [PDF 1.8 MB]
- Landscape Design Guidelines [PDF 438KB]
Jandakot Airport Policies
Jandakot Airport Forms
- FO312 Sewage Installation Application [PDF 108KB]
- FO307 Contractor Insurance Details [PDF 92KB]
- FO309 Application For Sub-Lease [PDF 116 KB]
- FO305 Development Expression of Interest (Jandakot Airport) [PDF 68 KB]
- FO325 Development Expression of Interest (Jandakot City) [PDF 31KB]
- FO304 Development Application Form (Jandakot Airport) [PDF 104KB]
- FO323 Development Application Form (Jandakot City) [PDF 72KB]
- FO314 Signage Application [PDF 16KB]
- FO316 Jandakot Airport Works Application [PDF 24KB]
- FO324 Jandakot City Works Application [PDF 36KB]
Airport Building Controller (ABC) Forms
- Procedure for Obtaining Statutory Approvals for Building Activities Jandakot Airport [PDF 129KB]
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) payments to the Airport Building Controller [PDF 98KB]
- Application for Building Permit [PDF 250KB]
- Application for Works Permit [PDF 141KB]
- Application for Demolition Authorisation [PDF 245KB]
- Airport Building Controller Fees [PDF 93KB]