Jandakot Airport Holdings Pty Ltd, as the Airport Operator, is required to control vehicle access and surface driving within the Airside area in accordance with the Airports (Control of On-Airport Activities) Regulations 1997.
Vehicles may not be driven Airside unless the vehicle has been issued with an Authority for Use Airside (AUA) permit, and the driver has been issued with an Authority to Drive Airside (ADA) licence. Vehicles and drivers that do not hold the required permits, but who have a valid reason to be airside, must be under escort by a Jandakot Airport Holdings (JAH) vehicle.
NOTE: Due to the current climate JAH requires all applicants to read and sign the safety alert that is in force. Please click here for more information.
Airside Vehicle Control Handbook
The rules and requirements for airside driving are detailed in the Airside Vehicle Control Handbook (AVCH). All drivers and vehicles within the airside area must comply with these procedures.
- Airside Vehicle Control Handbook [PDF 1.5MB]
To obtain an Authority to Drive Airside (ADA) licence you will need to:
- Complete FO203 Authority To Drive Airside Application [PDF 96KB];
- Have a valid Australian Driver’s Licence;
- Complete an online theory test;
- Complete a practical driving test (driving categories 2, 3 & 4 only); and
- Have a CASA-issued Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (driving categories 3 & 4 only)
To obtain an Authority for Use Airside (AUA) vehicle permit you will need to:
- Complete FO204 Authority for Use Airside Application [PDF 99KB]; and
Please refer to the Airside Vehicle Control Handbook above for further information.
Airside Access Gates
- Airside acccess gates left open.
- Airside drivers not holding valid permits or licenses.
- Persons airside without minimum standard PPE.
- Pedestrians occupying taxi lanes for non-aviation activites which affect aviation movement without Works Safety Officers present.
Airside Driving Tour Video
Singapore Flying College have kindly made available a copy of their Airside Virtual Tour video. Click here to view.
PLEASE NOTE: Jandakot Airport is not ASIC controlled and does not issue ASIC cards. In the event you wish to obtain an ASIC, please refer to the Department of Home Affairs "Approved ASIC Issuing Organisations" site here or visit https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/.
Please note that Jandakot Airport is not a Regular Public Transport (RPT) aerodrome.